Saturday, September 13, 2014

MY STORY



I have two passions: interior design and writing.

I started blogging a few years ago in hopes of satisfying my craving to write and at the same time to stay in touch with my passion for interior design.  After a couple of months I found myself a little bored, in a sense that I wasn't really exploring my creative side as much as I had hoped to, therefore deeming that blogging just wasn't enough for me.  I knew then and there that I had to be creating something; something tangible, something real, something people can actually pick up, feel and admire.

At the time, being close to the holidays, I had been making plans for my Xmas dinner menu and table decor and immediately went on a hunt for unique napkins and tablecloths that would allow me to mix and match patterns to dress up my table.  I wanted good quality linen in modern, sophisticated prints.  I set out to find such beautiful things.  Much to my dismay, I couldn't find what I was looking for in home decor boutiques and kitchen accessories stores and so I went on an internet rampage to find them.

I was disillusioned by the glorification the internet had provided for objects that had no bearing on my interests.  I knew exactly what I was looking for... I just couldn't find it.  I then had an epiphany... I immediately knew there was a void in the market for such things, and TaaaDaaa... the light bulb went on!  "Hey, if I can't find them out there, why don't I make them?"  I, tout de suite knew what I was going to create.  It was a "now or never" situation and I knew I had to seize it.

And so, many months later... here I am.  My online store and brand name "VIA SAN VITO", named after the street where I was born in Italy.  I hope you join me in my new venture where I will do my best to provide you with beautiful textiles and accessories for your home, and if nothing else, inspire you to make your home the haven you dream of.

luxury napkins linen
Via San Vito Napkin Collection

decorative pillows throw pillows
Via San Vito Pillow Collection

table runner napkin linen
Via San Vito Napkin and Table Runner Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment